Enterprise Video Software Company Exhibiting in Booth #87 at Streaming Media West in Los Angeles, November 8-9
LOS ANGELES – November 2, 2011 – MediaPlatform, Inc., the enterprise video software company, has been named to Streaming Media Magazine’s inaugural list of “The 100 Companies that Matter Most in Online Video.” In a selection process that started this fall with more than 200 companies across the online video ecosystem, the magazine’s staff and contributing editors chose MediaPlatform as one of the companies doing the “most important and innovative work in online video today.”
“The companies in the Streaming Media 100 represent many different pieces of the online video ecosystem,” said Streaming Media editor Eric Schumacher-Rasmussen, “but they all have one thing in common: The world of online video today would be markedly different without any of them. Each one, in its own way, has made the online video industry what it is today and is pushing it towards the future.”
Streaming Media said the magazine’s goal was to create a list of companies that are the most important, most innovative, and have had the most impact on the space in the recent past and are likely to continue to do so in the future.
MediaPlatform’s flagship product, WebCaster — available in cloud-based and on-premises versions — enables enterprises and digital media producers to produce, broadly distribute and monitor interactive live and on-demand webcasts that feature streaming video, PowerPoint® slides, audio, surveys, polls and screen demoing. Over the past year, MediaPlatform has introduced:
- The first enterprise webcasting software enabled with multicasting video to the Adobe Flash Platform using the Adobe Flash Media Server, a process that results in radical improvements in network efficiency— and lower costs — compared to traditional streaming techniques.
- The ability to deliver live webcasts on the Apple iPad® using HTTP live streaming (HLS).
- Pay-per-view capabilities on its WebCaster software
- Support for UTF-8 to enable text in any language and Adobe Stage Video to enable audience members to improve their playback quality while reducing processor usage by up to 85 percent.
- Partnerships with other industry leaders such as Onstream and Adobe to help these companies bring next-generation webcasting to a greater audience
“Every new feature we add to our webcasting and media management software is designed to make a significant difference for enterprises that want to benefit from online video,” said Jim McGovern, CEO, MediaPlatform. “We’re grateful that Streaming Media, the most has influential magazine in the space, has recognized our work as important and innovative and we look forward to continuing to bring innovations to the industry for years to come.”